Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day5 fieldtrip

Today, I went on a company visit to Telecoms Training Institute (TTI) and MMDA.
What I learned?


Telecoms Training Institute (TTI)

I learned or rather heard about repeaters and their functions and purposes. Different kinds of connections such as wired and wireless. Two types of repeaters. How much their tools cost and other things about telecommunication connections and networking.

MMDA

They are still using DOS based software for their traffic light controls and traffic monitoring system. Also the technologies they are using are both foreign. They also want to upgrade their server to a window based server but they are still waiting for the higher management’s decision.

80% of traffic accidents involve motorcycles and more than 10% of this is the motorcycle is at fault.

What I liked?

I liked how the presenter in TTI showcased the equipments while talking about how they work. It was as if we were his students. And also in MMDA I liked how the presenter presented their server and how he entertained our questions. also i liked how the MMDA shared some of their documented videos with us. especially the video where the roads were being flooded by bagyong Ondoy.

What I didn’t like?

I didn’t like the rooms in TTI they have no air-conditioning unit. It was so hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment